Campbell/Harris Security Equipment Company (CSECO) may be primarily known for the Buster Density Meter and others like the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System. But do you know that the company also offers other little known contraband detection equipment? They also deserve a mention, too!
Here’s a brief introduction on the Buster Density Meter. CSECO has upgraded its maiden product, the Buster K910B to the Buster K910G. Like the K910B, the K910G has the same sophisticated technology, the low-intensity gamma radiation and scintillation detector. This technology enables the interdiction officers to scan a variety of materials (from wood to metal to even organic matter like dirt). It also detects radioactive leaks, thanks to its RAD-Aware technology, which enables inspectors to set up safety zones to keep people out of the dangers of radioactivity.
Speaking of safety, the Buster K910B is now made safer because it is now devoid of the potentially harmful lead-based components (present in the K910B). It is also has the 7.5 micro curie source, which is at least 25% smaller than the competing density meters.
The Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System can work by itself or can be a perfect partner to the Buster. This one-piece visual inspection tool has a large, multi-dimensional LCD color display which allows for clearer, more visible searches into the suspected area without losing visibility on the immediate surroundings — no more squinting in an eyepiece, thus no more eye fatigue. The monitor also has a push-button high-resolution zoom and dimming. The shaft is protected by a tungsten coating, and can be inserted in areas that the Buster cannot reach.
This amazing videoscope doesn’t have any tiny glass fibers; therefore it is more resistant to damage unlike even the leading fiberscopes.
Most importantly, the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope is the first visual inspection tool certified by the Underwriters Laboratory (UL), making it totally safe for inspection in high-risk areas like fuel tanks.
CSECO’s other little known tools are also a must for every interdiction officer and law enforcement agent. These tools are found in the CT-40 Contraband Team Detection Kit, the upgraded version of the CT-30 Contraband Team Detection Kit.
The CT-40 Contraband Team Detection Kit has pretty similar contents like the CT-30 has, but with a few differences. The CT-40 now includes the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope which replaces the FV-Series Articulated Fiberscope, and of course the Buster K910G in place of the Buster K910B.
The complete list of tools in the CT-40 kit:
- Buster K910G Density Meter
- Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System
- PN-Series Inspection Probe Kit – a set of probes with grooves, made of stainless steel. They are used to insert into the suspected area like upholstery, sacks and shrubs to trap contraband. Some probes have special tips which are ideal for gathering or retrieving sample substances. This kit includes:- 3/16 x 15″ SLIMLINE Stainless Steel Probe
– 3/8 x 15″ Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Extension with sample retrieving tip
– 3/8 x 15″ Threaded Stainless Steel Extension with integral handle
– 3/8 x 15″ Threaded Stainless Steel Extension Section
– P – 30N Pocket Pencil Probe ® with 4″ needle and sampling tip
– Military Nylon Carrying Sheath
- Leica Laser Range Meter – It is used to locate possible false walls, concealed compartments in truck beds, or any other spaces with certain dimensions. It is easy to handle and easy to use.
- PM-10 Extension Inspection Mirror with High Intensity Flashlight – It enables officers to inspect hard-to-reach and darker places such as underneath a vehicle or heavy furniture.
- CT-40 Customer Carrying Case with Wheels – Durable and shock-resistant case
CSECO also has the Radiation Pager which is a great alternative to the Buster. It is ultrasensitive radiation tool designed for use by the experienced and trained security and law-enforcement agents. It is lightweight (even with batteries included) and has the right size to be held by one hand. Despite being small and compact, this is otherwise effective and foolproof plus it’s also user-friendly.
CSECO’s lesser known contraband detection equipment is also “must have” items in contraband detection, apart from the Buster Density Meter and the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope. They make ideal additions in every law enforcement officer’s arsenal of tools to combat drug trafficking and smuggling.